Share|" />

FREE for military wives: Faith Deployed…Again

by Jocelyn on May 11, 2012

Update: This drawing is now closed. The winners were chosen using random. org, and they are: Cheryl Baranski, Jennifer Horne, Jamie Horrocks, and Michelle. (Please check your email because I’ve sent you all messages requesting mailing addresses.) Thanks to all of you for entering! If you didn’t win the book, treat yourself!

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day! In honor of this holiday, I’m giving away FOUR copies of Faith Deployed…Again: More Daily Encouragement for Military Wives.

TWO copies will go to women who have read Faith Deployed (the first book) and want to dive into this one.

TWO copies will go to women who haven’t read either book, but want to! (If this is you, don’t worry about reading Faith Deployed…Again first– you can read these books in any order!)

So to enter, just leave a comment letting me know which one you are. If you read Faith Deployed, share why you liked it enough to want to read Faith Deployed…Again!

If you haven’t read either book yet, let me know how you found this Web site and why you’d like to try a book!

Good luck to all! I will leave this drawing open all weekend, and choose winners next Monday. Please share with the military wives you know!

Please note: If you have never commented on this Web site before, your comment will await moderation before it appears on the page. That means I’ll approve it manually, to make sure it isn’t spam. After I approve your comment, you should be able to comment without awaiting moderation any more. So if your comment doesn’t appear right away, don’t worry. I’ll be checking several times a day. :)

{ 83 comments… read them below or add one }

Adrienne May May 11, 2012 at 10:16 am

I’d love to read your book. I am the community manager for military spouse central but I am also a military spouse of 4 years. I have not read either book but many spouses have recommended it and I am interested in reading it for sure! I found this site via pinterest!

Rachel Johnson May 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

Havent read either but would like to.

Melissa Visage May 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

I have read Faith Deployed! AMAZING!!! I hope many more are to come!!! Happy Military Spouse Appreciation day to the rest of the Silent Ranks <3

Vanessa Keating May 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

I haven’t read either but have been looking for books to make me feel “closer” to my husband! Out of the last 1.5 years…we’ve only spent 46 days together…and we got married July 02, 2011…

keila Benitez May 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

I had never read any of them, but I will love to have the chance and read them, my husband is deploying in agt, I want to be prepared.. Thank You

Mindy May 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

The first book has not only been a blessing to me, but I have given it as a gift to many other spouses as they are going through their first deployment or preparing for another deployment.

Brandi May 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

I found this site through facebook but I haven’t read either book. It looks like it would help when times get tough when dealing with deployment. We are going through our 5th one and I am over it.

Amanda Verlander May 11, 2012 at 10:20 am

I have not read Faith Deployed but I would really love to! It’s a crazy life being a military spouse. I found this site because a fellow military spouse told me about it. Happy Military Spouse Day!

Ashley Fay May 11, 2012 at 10:20 am

A friend of mine told me about this website. She told me it helped her get through her husband being in Afghanistan after he spent 2 years in Korea. I hope that this website will help me like it helped her

Ashley Fay May 11, 2012 at 10:22 am

I hope it helps me over come some of the challenge I will face on my husband’s upcoming deployment

Summer Pippert May 11, 2012 at 10:22 am

I haven’t had the opportunity to read either book. With deployment number 2 coming up quick, I feel like I’m going to need some extra support and encouragement!

Jamie Horrocks May 11, 2012 at 10:22 am

Hi! I have read Faith Deployed and really enjoyed it! It was nice to read a military spouse book that has a foundation of faith. I enjoyed reading the chapters from real life military spouses just like me. I really want to read the Faith Deployed…Again book but I just haven’t had a chance to buy it yet. My husband is currently deployed and I know the first one got me through some tough days and I am confident the second book will do the same! Thank you!

Julianne May 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

I would love to read Faith Deployed. I’m having a rough time this deployment and need a little guidance. I found this website through facebook when I was searching for deployment support groups.

Samantha May 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

Hey there! I haven’t read either. I found you on google a while ago :) as my husband is Deploying soon and we are newly married I wanted to find something to help me with this season…I’m a Christian so I was searching for something like a devotional, so that’s when I found you guys on Facebook! I’d love a copy, it would be perfect for me right now.

patti May 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

I read Faith Deployed while my hubby was in Afghanistan for a year. I just gave that book away to a spouse in our squadron who has a deployed husband. The first book was good and I’m looking forward to reading the second book (and pick up another Faith Deployed for myself)… that ‘next’ deployment seems to always be right around the corner.

Averi May 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

Very interested! I’m preparing for another long deployment and would love to see what its about to help others in my same boat. <–no pun intended. :)

Stacy Rains May 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

I have yet to read the first book.. but would love to dive into both titles as my husband and I just begun our first deployment and have much left to endure. I’m sure these books will be sources of encouragement and point me to the ultimate encouragement- God’s Word. Thanks for doing this!

Leila May 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

Loved the first book and have given it as gifts to other spouses or have highly recommended it. It has given me faith through some tough times during deployments. Excited about the new book!

Beth May 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

Having the first ‘Faith Deployed’ book has been such a blessing. Reading about godly women struggling w/ issues that are so familiar to me is comforting. Knowing that there are ‘sisters’ everywhere makes the military family even more real. Thanks so much!

Jessica Hadsell May 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

I haven’t read either one of the books. But my FRG leader just told me about them especailly since im going through my first deployment and I just got married before he left. She said they would help :)

Jessica (@DeploymentDivas) May 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

I haven’t read it, but I want to because my boyfriend is about to leave on a 10-month deployment and I’m always looking for some positive encouragement for the rough days!

Emily L May 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I haven’t read either book. I have endured one deployment and our second deployment is coming at the end of this year but I will have two little ones this time around. Home cycle has been very difficult as he is always working and I hope this book will give me the encouragement I need.

Katie May 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I have read Faith Deployed and I read it while my husband was deployed. I could relate to so many things in the book. Hearing other women’s testimonies and their experiences could help me with my personal situation or it helped me see things from a different perspective. I really enjoyed the book and cannot wait to read this one!!!

Maranda Burt May 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I have not read either one of the books but seeing as how my husband is currently deployed I would love to get my hands on a free book that will help me through the rest of the deployment.

lupita May 11, 2012 at 10:27 am

I have not read either, but I would like to I’m trying too find some advice or just some experience of how to best deal with a deployment, we had no idea he was going too leave they told him a week before, I wasn’t able to obtain leave (i serve as well). so I couldn’t even say bye ;/ its been 2 months and I’m still having a hard time I was scooping through Fb and found your site at first I was kinda shy to ask questions but when i finally did I got some really friendly response, I even made a couple friends, your page has helped me so much and I’m sure the book would too, thank you for Ithis amazing page you have i actually have others that know what I’m feeling(:

Leslie May 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

I haven’t had the opportunity of reading either book, yet. I came across this site through a fellow military spouse and I cannot tell you how much I’ve been blessed in such a short amount of time. I can totally identify with the people who post on the site and the daily posts in Facebook are often just what I need to hear as go through the day to day routine and ups and downs that are a part of the military way of life.

Vicki May 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

Hello…not letting me post this.. for some reason..my 3rd attempt.

I have read Faith Deployed and loved it! I was just a blessing at the time. I was newly married and my husband was off to A-stan. It was a trying time for me to say the least, but also one of growth, which I say had alot to do with reading the book. Currently 2 months into our 2nd deployment…I have your book on my nightstand once again. Id love the chance to read the new one!! Thank you for considering me..and happy military spouse appreciation day!! Go us!! :)

Janine May 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

I received Faith Deployed at the beginning of a deployment back in 2009 and most enjoyed the practical reminders of God’s presence always with us. There was one devotional that particularly stands out to me still about maintaining quiet times with God. There was a line that said something like – we have a hard time trusting someone we hardly know and spend time with (namely, the Lord). It was a powerful reminder to me that I needed my relationship with the Lord more than ever and not to neglect it while I was trying to stay busy while my husband was gone. Thanks so much for this ministry!

Jessica Hadsell May 11, 2012 at 10:28 am

I haven’t read either one. and my FRG leader told me about them. She said they would be a big help to be since I just got married, two weeks before my husband left for deployment.

Tanya Griffin May 11, 2012 at 10:29 am

I have not yet read Faith Deployed but I have been wanting to read both books. I am currently going through my first deployment all while out in a new area and trying to find my faith again after 12 years of nothing. I look forward to reading it whether I win a copy or not! and Happy Military Spouse Appreciation day to everyone!

Lacey Wolkens May 11, 2012 at 10:30 am

My husband left very recently for our first deployment. He was gone for 3 months TDY before he left, and he’s now gone for 6 months. I have been anxiously awaiting having the extra money to buy both Faith Deployed books, and I seriously cannot WAIT to read them both!

Summer Pippert May 11, 2012 at 10:31 am

Oh! and I found this website through facebook and love reading the encouragement it brings me.

jessica Benjamin May 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

Well i haven’t read either books but ive been a fan of the page on fb for awhile now and id really like to read it because I’m always looking for ways to build my faith and strength. I know this will help me while my husband is on his first deployment next year.

April May 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

I “liked” Faith Deployed on Facebook. I cannot recall how I came across the Facebook page but it was at a time where I really needed encouraging words from fellow Christian military wives (and still need). My husband is on a 12 month deployment and just after he left our home that we own was in a local disaster. I felt completely alone and have had a tough time dealing with rebuilding our house (with the help of my dad who came out of state) without any help from my husband because he’s serving out country in a combat area. I have been wanted to read Faith Deployed but I’ve been finishing up my last year of nursing school. Now that I’ve graduated, my house is almost rebuilt, and my husband is due home soon…I would love to read it.

Lauren Fallin May 11, 2012 at 10:34 am

I haven’t read either book, but I am looking forward to both! My husband is preparing for deployment (his first of our marriage), and I’ve been seeking out encouragement, strength, and fellowship with other believers as my family faces the trials associated with mobilization. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!

Beverly Hutchins May 11, 2012 at 10:36 am

I haven’t read either book and came upon this website through Facebook looking for military deployed quotes and encouragement. This is my 2nd deployment go-round with my husband. Happy military spouse appreciation day! Thanks.

Rebecca D. May 11, 2012 at 10:36 am

I have not read either book yet, but this is our 2nd deployment and has been the most trying on our family, marriage, and faith by far. We are holding on to knowing this is Gods plan for us. From what I found your site through other military spouses who have told me your books are amazing!

Melissa May 11, 2012 at 10:36 am

I haven’t read Faith Deployed. I’ve wanted to, just haven’t had the chance; but throughout my husband’s deployments (he’s been through 3), I have read God Strong and others like it. It truly is amazing that the greatest strength, at the time we need it the most, always comes from God and prayer. I’m looking forward to reading both of these, one way or another :) , during or prior to the next deployment we are currently preparing for.

Carolena Henderson May 11, 2012 at 10:37 am

I haven’t read one of your books. I am a new follower on Facebook. I have been getting a lot of encouragement and great advice from your posts and followers. I would LOVE to receive one of your books. My husband will be headed out soon and I would love to make this devotion part of my daily routine.

Sharlene Morales May 11, 2012 at 10:38 am

Well i was told about this book by my friend abby we are both military wife my hubby is on his second deployment we have a daughter And when i heard about it i wanted ro buy it but Im finishing my bachelors in nursing then i like u facebook page And since u have become my secret big when the night come And the baby is asleep i miss him more And i feel so alone so at night i go to u page And start reading And u know or always post the right thing at the right time i dont go to church an some how Thanks to you u are reconnecting me with the bible somehow it has do much i can relate somehow And i thank u for that i Love god And without him my fam couldnt be this strong 5 years Now i would Love to have one of your book And if u do can u dedicated Please i havent had the time to go And get it Well i havent have time not even to shop or go out its all school baby And waiting for his homecoming in dec Thanks And baby calling Thanks for Been there to every person who needed even gen we havent met

Charmayne Stahr May 11, 2012 at 10:39 am

I have read “Faith deployed” and really enjoyed it. My husband has been deployed for 6 months now and it has been such an encouragement to read something every day that encourages me to keep trusting the Lord through the hardships. This is our first deployment and it has been such a learning experience that I never thought I would survive. My husband will be deployed for a year total so we are half way done. God has been so faithful. I would love to read “Faith deployed again” for the second half of this tour. Thank you for writing this book so military spouses can be encouraged to keep trusting the Lord.

Sarah M May 11, 2012 at 10:41 am

I have read Faith Deployed- and funny thing actually started a year ago today. I was a newly married bride ( of 18 days) and my husband deployed. I moved across the country from my family and found myself in a whole new culture. Military and in the U.S. I really needed a bible study/devo that met me where I was at. I was able to get plugged into our Chapel here on base and our bible study. I learned to stand on my own two feet without my husband but his constant assurance that I could handle this life. He purchased me Faith Deployed and it became my constant companion on lonely evenings. I loved the encouragement and stages of deployment it led me through. I felt like this book truly understood me even better then my other military wives. I would love to have the chance to read Faith Deployed… Again because my husband is in the Security Forces in the AF. He deploys frequently (Already two deployments). I know that I would put this book to great use and it would be of an great encouragment to my heart. Even though my hubby is currently home- I still read the Facebook page every day. The page has brought me great joy and just daily encouragement. :)

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day! :)

Francesca Watkins May 11, 2012 at 10:42 am

I have not had the chance to read either book, but I’m hoping to in the near future. I’ve been a military spouse for about 2.5 years and have been through 2 deployments. Receiving a free book would be awesome! A friend shared this site with me.

Kristen Furkin May 11, 2012 at 10:43 am

Hi! I’m a Marine wife of 6 years and 14+ to go :)
We have 2 beautiful children, one furry baby, Was stationed
In cherry point NC for 4.5 years and doing recruiting
Duty now in Ky. When we go back my husband will
Be gone a lot with the MOS he will be in so I would love
To be able to have a book that I can read for inspiration, encouragement,
And to ease my mind :) I hope I do get picked for this book! Thank you :)

Jennifer Beem May 11, 2012 at 10:47 am

I found Faith deployed by accident through salute love on facebook. I am not a wife and I am not a fiance I am just a girlfriend. My last boyfriend (fiance) was a force recon marine and he was deployed for 4 months in Afghanistan and was shot and killed in January of last year (it has been a year and 4 months). He was my life and now all I have is a flag and his dog tags. Then my father passed away, he was an air force veteran, in December last year (it has only been 6 months). And now my current boyfriend, as God has healed my heart a lot to be able to find love again, he is a grunt marine and he just got home from a two month deployment training exercise and he is leaving very soon for an 8 month deployment and I am very worried and scared for him. I know God can get me through anything and he is really teaching me to be patient and is helping me be stronger. I have read a lot of the comments posted on Faith deployed and I have been very uplifted and I feel like I should really read this book so I can have even more encouragement to recover from the past and have more faith in the military. God is good. Semper Fi.

Karla Ostendorf May 11, 2012 at 10:53 am

How Ironic!… My husband returned stateside 2 days before Christmas, but I decided to continue reading “Faith Deployed”. I just finished it this morning!!
I was talking with another fellow military spouce this week, recommending your book. They are dealing with a child & one on the way & how it all works in with the military life with the father gone most of the time. She is super excited about this encouragment I have read to her, from your book (pg 248 Absorbing God’s Goodness, by L. Ritchie).
This book is such an encouragment to me!! It has helped me center my self & my focus when my husband was gone. Now that he has returned…(he is a changed man) & it has helped me to learn to hold my tongue and allow him to lead!
I would love to have a copy, I can give to my friend :) THANK YOU for your service & generosity!

Jodi Linney May 11, 2012 at 10:55 am

I have not read either books, but I would like to. I have been a military spouse for 3 years and I am so proud of my husband. We do have trying times, since I have some medical problems and have been having knee surgeries every two years. We are hoping to have another big one soon (maybe the last for a while) and I worry about the stress it adds on our relationship. He is my rock and I want to be strong for him, but sometimes I loose myself in pain. I aim high to be a good military spouse and I try to be a good person. I would love to have words of encouragement, and I know you books would help.

Jennifer Horne May 11, 2012 at 10:57 am

I haven’t read either but really really want to!!! My husband was deployed twice and my faith was strengthened each time but I sure could use a boost anyway!! :)

Christina May 11, 2012 at 11:09 am

I’m on my first deployment, though with all the trainings leading up to this one, it feels like it’s the third or fourth. I’m in the middle of Faith Deployed and absolutely love it! It was highly recommended to me from some fellow wives. I have no idea how I made it through everything leading up to this without having these encouraging words that always make my day better. I started reading it at nights before bed, but I’ve learned that I enjoy it in the mornings because it helps me put my day inter perspective. I cannot wait to read “Faith Deployed…Again”! Keep them coming!

Megan Kester May 11, 2012 at 11:14 am

I read half of the first one but felt the need to pass it on to a friend approaching deployment. I bought two more and immediately gave those away. I would love to have this for myself.

jolene jashurek May 11, 2012 at 11:15 am

I haven’t read either book but would love to. Hubby will be heading back to Afghanistan soon. The only difference from last time is we now have two small childen. So thankful to have found a great church nearby to help me through this one.

Rachel May 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

I havent read either. My Fiance is going to be gone until November and this is our first deployment apart. He is missing 2 of his sons birthdays and my sons birthday as well. I would love to read this book because I think it will help keep me focused on how to best handle this emotionally for myself and our kids.

Amanda May 11, 2012 at 11:26 am

I was unable to read Faith Deployed during my husband’s deployment, although I wanted to. Even though he doesn’t plan on re-enlisting after his term is up, we still have to deal with the underways and his next civilian job could be like his last with constant traveling for weeks at a time for training meetings. Even though 4 weeks isn’t the same as 7 months, the loneliness we feel when they are gone is the same regardless of the length of time they are gone.

Linda Slavens May 11, 2012 at 11:29 am

I have not read the Faith Deployed book but im planning to buy it as soon as my hubby leaves for his 3rd deployment…its nice to know that there is a book about what im going through n with faith…i really hope i win the 2nd one!thank you 4 doing this…

Rachel Brown May 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

I Have read Faith Deployed, and LOVE It! I First read it when you were looking for people to write a Book review for it in time for Veteran’s Day back in 2010. Since then I have found myself picking it up time and again to help encourage fellow Military wives, friends who are struggling with deployments. It has been a HUGE Blessing to me, and an excellent source of encouragement as my husband and I begin out 16th year or marraige, His 17th in the Military. I would love to read Faith Deployed…again, and to have it available as a rescource for offering encouragement to those around me. Thank you For all that you do!

Amanda Conners May 11, 2012 at 11:42 am

I haven’t read either book but I want to! I’ve heard about it from a few fellow military wives that said they’ve read it and loved it. Faith, Family, and Freedom all in one book, sounds like a must read to me :)

Mary Nichelson May 11, 2012 at 11:46 am

I haven’t read either one, but my son is in the Navy and I would love to have either copy for my daughter-in-law. He is getting ready to deploy this summer. ~Mary

Felicia Walker May 11, 2012 at 11:51 am

I read through Faith Deployed while my husband was at BCT/AIT. Some of the passages hit home so much I snapped a picture so I could carry them with me on my phone! God reached out and held me when I felt so lonely, and one of those ways was through your book. Each devotional reminded me to Let Go and Let God.

Lisa Blankenship May 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

I have not read either of the books, but they are on my list of books to read. My husband will be deploying this summer. It is his second deployment, but my first. We have only been married since October. We were high school friends who found each other after many broken roads.

Jackie May 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I am currently reading through Faith Deployed and I love it! I have been challenged with every message and it has really strengthened my faith and encouraged me to put God first, which means I can handle anything that the military throws our way. I would love to have a copy of your new book!

Whitney Crider May 11, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I’ve never read any of the books but I would really love to. I just got married on January 28th and this is my first deployment.

Barbi Arnold May 11, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I am of the later, I have not read either book, but want to. I am a new Military wife, and found your page on Facebook when I had been searching for a positive resource for Military wives. I would love to receive a book. :)

Katy S. May 11, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I haven’t read either book, but would love to! My friend who leads our God Strong study shared this with our group. Thank you for writing such inspirational books!

Sarah May 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I was on pinterst and saw this link as I have family in all branches this book looks good and I would love a chance to be entered to maybe win it so I ca n read it

Jennifer May 11, 2012 at 1:33 pm

This book is awesome! It really helps you through the daily trials when your husband is either home or deployed. Awesome read. Can’t wait for the new one!!!!

Michelle May 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Hi! I have been working my way through Faith Deployed since my husband deployed a few months ago and it has been a huge blessing. Since we’re not near a military town at the moment I don’t have anyone around who really understands what this life is all about and reading a devotion from your book every morning helps me to realize I’m not the only one out there, and when times are tough I need only look toward my heavenly Father and he will comfort me and give me guidance. I also love how it is organized, so when I’m having a particular issue pull at my heart (for example my 3 year old having a rough day missing her Daddy) I can turn to the devotion I need and in 5 minutes have enough strength and inspiration to make it through the crisis. I also love the verses that have been selected, many are covering my mirror on little post it notes. They’re my daily reminder that this is God’s calling for my family and it’s my calling to make the most of whatever situation we find ourselves in.

I would love to win a copy of Faith Deployed…Again so that in a couple of weeks when I’m done with this one I have more material to inspire and encourage me.

ashley May 11, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I have never read your book, I would love read encouraging words from other Military wives

Rachel Schramm May 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Hi! I just recently have been receiving emails from your website, I found out about through a friend. I have been sharing everything with my military friends as well! I absolutely love hearing all the encouraging words! and stories. Its very much a sense of comfort, whether your husband is deployed or home. I find it very helpful! I currently do not have either copy of the books. I would love nothing more than to be entered for a chance to win both! I have been through 2 deployments with my spouse, and an army wife for 6 years. I think you are a wonderful author! and thank you for what you do as well. You have no idea, how much words can be appreciated.

christy davis May 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I have read and own faith deployed , it was very helpful espescially since my husband was deployed at the time I read the book. I felt lost in this new world of the army life and deployment and your book helped me out greatly. I would really love to read faith deployed again , I can’t wait to see what new insights you have for me to learn. My husband is facing his third deployement and I still havn’t been able to get my hands a copy of faith deployed again. I sure hope you pick me .
christy

Cheryl Baranski May 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I haven’t read either book. I have a son in the Navy that is getting married in July.
I think it would be excellent for his fiance to read it!

Jesse May 11, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I haven’t read either of them but I would like to. My hubby’s deploying next month so if I don’t get one here, I think I’ll borrow from the library.

Valerie King May 11, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I LOVED your first book Faith Deployed. In fact I have it on my Kindle and Iphone so I can refer to it when I am waiting somewhere and need encouragement. My husband is currently deployed and it has been rough. He has missed our sons entire senior year of high school, both the joys and the hard places. Thank you so much for your encouragement in your books that continue to point us back to the One who is our comfort and sustainer through the journey of military life.

Leanne Miller May 11, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I read Faith Deployed during deployment last year and also led a discussion group with other wives. I love the diversity of branches and stories yet the common bond of the mil spouse exerience as seen through the viewpoint of Scripture. Each story points to the Bible and Jesus as the only hope for the ulnique lives we live. I’d love a copy of the 2nd book. Thanks Jocelyn for writing book that mil spouses desperately need to read.

Nicole May 11, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I haven’t read either books but would love to have a copy of it. I heard about it from my CMC wife on our ship. My husband is getting ready to deploy for his 4th time for 8 months and this time will be really tough because now we have our 8 month son. God Bless

Billi Piel May 11, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I am a huge reader and always looking to read inspiring books. I haven’t read either book but am looking forward to having the opportunity to do so. When reading a book that impacts me, something that gives me something to think about, and learning new insights I share what I have learned with many many military spouses and even civilian friends. To be able to receive the gift of this book would not only impact my life but also those around me because I have an interesting personality and a BIG MOUTH. If I were blessed enough to get a free copy of this book it would get a whole lot of free advertising and all of it would be good. By the title alone I have confidence the book is amazing.

Tawny A. May 11, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I haven’t read the book yet but I am a fan on facebook and I read the posts daily for strength and inspiration. This is our first deployment and….whoa. Nothing like I expected. Knowing that it is ok to feel tested, that every one else feels tried too- it really helps. Win or loose, thank you for the support you post.

Jess W May 11, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Thanks for another Giveaway Mrs Jocelyn!! The first book was such an amazing support tool during the first two deployments… going through the 3rd with a baby now… wowee… all you ladies who have gone through deployments with children deserve a HUGE hand!!! You are all my Heroes!!

becky long May 11, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Wow, I would lov e to read each of them. I have been involved with the military for 11 years, that being 7 deployments the longest was last year for 11 months. We have survived with three kids and 2 moves. I found you on facebook and have been following you. It helps especially at 2
:00 am to have some inspiration. Not knowing what is happening when your loved one is deployed is hard. Trying to raise kids who cry themselves to sleep numerous days, is hard because you just do not know how to explain, “it is Daddy’s job”. It is hard when the holidays come and someone is missing.
I would love to be able to read your books and pass them on the my fellow Navy spouses. I am an FRG President and I believe that mentoring and helping other spouses out is what I have been sent to do. Someone has to look out for the ones left behind when the military calls up the active members.

Katie C. May 14, 2012 at 9:08 am

Hi, This is my first deployment. My soldier deployed last year. I had already found the books to purchase but came across this contest. I would love to win a copy of one or both books. I am battling with having the strength and faith to know he will be okay. Sometimes I wish he wouldn’t tell me things but I guess its better to know than to be in the dark and denial. I can tell he has already changed. I know we have a long road ahead of us when he returns. He has seen things I will never see; he has done things I can’t imagine doing. As a military wife, I can be supportive, understanding, patient and kind…….but still I will never know what he is going through. I try to stay busy…work, school, friends, family….but sometimes I find myself not wanting to be around anyone. Seeing people enjoying there daily lives and not even giving it a second thought that men and women overseas are putting their life on the line so that others can take their kids to soccer practice and enjoy family dinners. Some people are so naive…they say “oh, I thought all the soldiers were home and the war ended.” People have no clue. I know your books will help me through this tough time. Thank you for everything you do.

Danielle D May 14, 2012 at 11:00 am

Not sure if you have already closed the contest, but I would love to read the book, I have not read either one yet. I have been a military wife for 6 years and been through 3 deployments. I know the only way I have gotten through them is faith and God! Thank you for your blog!

Beth VonHinken May 16, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Hi. I have not read the first book – though it’s been on my “wish list” for awhile. I’m an older military wife — two branches – first he was Navy when we were first married. Got out for a long stretch — then went into National Guard. So, he’s older & trying to get the last of it for his pension.

I’ve been with this site for a long time – have always enjoyed your articles, interviews, etc. Keep up the great work. :)

Gina English May 20, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I am delighted to know that I am not crazy for sometimes resenting my husband’s role in the military and for feeling as though my faith is being tested daily. Sister Amy’s post about resenting her husband and feeling unloved is just how I have felt for awhile; I’m a newly wed and my husband deployed five months after our wedding. However I am blessed this site is available and I came across it after googling the words “I resent my husband for being on deployment” it provided me with a different way of thinking an entirely new lens. I’m going to follow suite and also write down all the sinful thoughts and words that have crossed my mind since this all began. I would like to read your book and then be able to pass the book onto another lady like myself that is currently struggling and needs a push of faith.

Blessings,

Gina English

Tiffany May 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hi, I haven’t read the first one yet but I’d like to. I’m a military spouse with two little ones and I heard about you from my mom who is ALSO a military spouse for 20+ yrs now.